- 3 (24 oz total) large chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked, chopped small
- 5 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine egg, water and a little salt. Beat with a fork to make an egg wash. Set aside. Fill a second bowl with breadcrumbs.
- Slice chicken breast halves into thin cutlets. Pound them to make them thinner if you wish. This helps when you wrap the cutlets.
- Cut each slice of cheese in half. Place a 1/2 slice cheese in the center of the chicken and top with a little broccoli.
- Wrap chicken around to completely cover cheese, using toothpicks to secure. Season with a little salt, if desired.
- Dip chicken into egg wash, then breadcrumbs. Spray cookie sheet with oil and place chicken on cookie sheet. Lightly spray chicken with oil and bake about 25 minutes, until cooked.
Serving size: 1 piece
Recipe courtesy of SkinnyTaste.com