- 10 oz shredded zucchini, all liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
- Combine zucchini, shallots, chives and mozzarella cheese in a bowl.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a medium bowl, then add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Combine flour mixture with zucchini mixture and pour it into the pie dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake 30-35 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center. Let stand at least five minutes before serving.
Serving size: 1/6 of the pie
Fat: 4.8 g
Protein: 8.1 g
Carb: 13.1 g
Fiber: 2.0 g
Sugar: 2.5 g
Sodium: 420.1 mg
Recipe courtesy of Skinnytaste.com