- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups matzo meal
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cover a large, heavy baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add matzo meal, stirring well with a wooden spoon until mixture pulls away from sides of pan (about 30 seconds). Remove from heat; place dough in bowl of a stand mixer. Cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating at low speed with paddle attachment until well combined and scraping sides and bottom of bowl after each egg. Stir in chives and thyme.
- With moistened fingers, shape about 1/4 cupfuls of dough into 12 mounds 2 inches apart onto prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until browned and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1 roll
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking Light
Photo Courtesy of Randy Mayor and Cooking Light