- 1/4 cup cocoa, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or 1/4 cup honey (to taste)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, (gluten, soy and dairy free chips available)
- 4 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium-low heat until steaming. Add cocoa, sweetener, and chocolate chips, stir until cocoa is combined.
- Warm over medium-low heat until all ingredients are combined and hot chocolate is to desired temperature. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Serve in mugs with a ladle and sprinkle a little cocoa or shredded dark chocolate.
Servings: 4 (1 cup per serving)
Calories: 192 per serving
Recipe and photo courtesy of www.skinnyms.com