- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well and pat dry with paper towel
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats*
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas (or other seed)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp oil (coconut or canola)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
*Substitute gluten-free oats if desired.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Spread oats and quinoa out on a parchment lined baking pan. Toast in the oven 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove the oats from the oven, pour the toasted oats into a medium bowl and add the ground flaxseeds, pepitas, pecans and dried fruit.
- Reduce oven to 300°F.
- In a second medium bowl, combine maple syrup, pumpkin puree, oil, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Pour over oats and stir together with a spatula. Spread back onto a baking sheet and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until golden.
Servings: 11 (3 2/3 cups)
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
Sodium: 10mg (without salt)
Recipe by: Skinny Taste
Photo by Gina Homolka of Skinnytaste.com