- Pedometer. This simple device can inspire your relatives to start counting their steps to health.
- Session of yoga classes. Perfect for someone who wants to get in shape but is reluctant to try something new. Check out the options for yoga, Pilates, step or other cardio classes in your area. Better yet, offer to join the class, too!
- Water bottle. Find a water bottle that suits the person you're buying for, both in function and style. There are many options, including metal bottles that are free of chemicals. It's a great tool for encouraging loved ones to get more H2O into their lives.
- Lunch bag. These aren't just for school children anymore! With many styles and colors, you're sure to find one that fits. It not only saves on packing waste by avoiding the brown bag, but also encourages bringing healthy lunches from home.
- Tea gift set. Compile assorted kinds of teas, including green, herbal and black, and arrange them in a decorative basket. You could also include a new travel mug or other accessory.
- Personal trainer session. Do you have a relative or friend who wants to lose those last 10 pounds? A session with a personal trainer may kick their cardio into high gear, helping them to achieve their goal.
- Fruit basket. Fill a basket or box with nutrient-packed fresh fruits for your family or friends. Include an apple corer or kitchen towel for an added touch.
- Oil and vinegar set. For the salad eaters on your list, buy a nice olive oil and balsamic vinegar set to spice up meals.
- An air-pop popcorn machine. This is perfect for the people on your list who love snacking, but are looking for a healthy alternative.
- Heart-healthy cooking. Wrap up a healthy cookbook, including the non-perishable ingredients for one of the meals.
Monday, December 19, 2011
10 Holiday Gifts for Better Health