- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (1 ounce), chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- Shave the zucchini and squash into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Discard seeds.
- Place zucchini and squash in a medium bowl, and toss with salt.
- Combine mint and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Pour the mixture over zucchini and squash; toss.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto; saute for 2 minutes or until crisp.
- Place 3/4 cup salad on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese; sprinkle evenly with prosciutto.
Recipe by Ivy Manning, Cooking Light